Recognized expertise in major projects
Colas leverages the strengths of its decentralized, cross-departmental organization to excel in major projects, combining the close contact it can offer through its local presence with the power of a large global group.
Colas’ key assets:
- Complementary skills and resources across its local road subsidiaries, which have strong connections to the regions where they are located
- The expertise of its other business subsidiaries, Colas Rail (railways), Aximum (safety and signaling) and Spac (water and energy transport), as well as Mobility by Colas (which integrates and operates digital mobility services)
- The expertise of the Group’s departments and support services in PPP, major project financing, R&D and BIM
- Project management expertise and methods built up by Colas Projects
- The Group’s capacity for innovation to meet each project’s economic, financial, technical and environmental priorities
Colas Projects: Our subsidiary dedicated to major projects
In 2017, Colas created Colas Projects to expand the Group’s operations connected with more complex, larger-scale projects in sectors further outside the scope of its core business.
To complete these major projects, Colas’ subsidiary uses multidisciplinary and often multicultural teams, which include specialists in a variety of technical fields, engineering, project financing and more. These teams work together at every stage of a project, from preparing the overall bid to executing the contract.
Colas Projects’ purpose is to ensure the centralized management of these projects and, in conjunction with the Group’s subsidiaries and external partners, to build a comprehensive, innovative range of original, custom solutions tailored to customers’ needs. Customers can count on end-to-end support from a single point of contact, thanks to this combination of a centralized team and a local presence.
For each project, Colas Projects assembles a team of key resources with specific profiles, such as project managers, contract officers, financial controllers, planners, process managers and QHSE managers. The Group’s subsidiaries provide a local presence and offer additional support to project teams in planning and executing work.