- In mainland France, the Group operates via 6 regional subsidiaries covering the entire country.
- In Europe, the Group operates in:
- Northern Europe, including in particular Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Central Europe, including in particular Slovakia, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia and Romania
- In North America, the Group operates in:
- 16 states in the United States, where its activities include a significant industrial component (aggregates, asphalt mix and ready-mix concrete) and a substantial bitumen storage business
- 8 provinces and territories in Canada: Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Nunavut
- In the Rest of the world, the Group operates in:
- all the French overseas departments and regions: the French Caribbean, French Guiana, Mayotte and Reunion Island
- Africa and the Indian Ocean, including in particular Morocco, western and southern Africa, Madagascar, Mauritius, the Comoros
- in the Middle East - in the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar
Asia / Australia / Pacific Rim: the Group’s main activity in this region is the production, storage, transformation, distribution and sale of petroleum products, delivered through a network consisting of a bitumen production site in Kemaman, Malaysia along with 26 emulsion plants, 21 bitumen storage depots and 10 bitumen tankers. In Australia, business has expanded to include Road construction. Colas also operates in New Caledonia.
Roads are the Group’s core business, generating 9.7 billion euros in revenue in 2017, i.e., 82% of total Group revenue. This activity includes two main lines of business: road works and production of construction materials.