Digital accessibility means that a website, computer or software can be accessed by all, including senior citizens or disable persons with functional limitations.
Colas is committed to supporting this drive, and agrees to provide a website that is accessible and compliant with Simple-A WCAG 2.0 international standards on computers and tablets.
An accessible site benefits all users.
Compatibility with browsers
This site has been designed in compliance with the website standards defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), in particular the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines defined by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). This website is compatible with all recent browsers that support HTML 4.01 and CSS 2 techniques. It also complies with the XHTML and CSS vocabulary and grammar recommended by the W3C.
Therefore, it will offer optimum performance with more recent browsers all the while continuing to be accessible to older browsers.
We recommend the use of the browsers below:
- On Mac.OS.X (Macintosh operating system 10): Safari, Mozilla Firefox
- On Windows: Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3, Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 45.0.2454.99
You will find the following browsing elements on all the pages of the website:
- the Colas logo takes you back to the home page from any page on the website
- the main menu contains links for accessing the main content,
- the internal menu is specific to each section or internal page of the website. It is located before the main content and after the menu
- a search engine, placed in the header of each page, provides users with search facilities for the entire website
- the site map gives an overall representation of all the website’s sections and subsections. It is available in the form of a link at the bottom of each page
- priority links at the bottom of each page: Accessibility, RSS, Contact, Site Map, Disclaimer
- direct access to videos, newsfeeds and investors, as well as job offers (in particular via social networks)
- keyboard navigation: use the “Up” and “Down” arrows to move the scroll box, the tabulation key for browsing from link to link, and the “Enter” key to follow an active link