Discover all the technical news of the Colas group
Colmat: Morocco's first microsurfacing pilot site is a success
At the end of 2015, the Moroccan government launched a bid for a 265,000 m² microsurfacing project. Colas Maroc won the bid, via its subsidiary GTR (Grands Travaux Routiers), and successfully completed the project right on schedule.
The microsurfacing was a double course 0/6 +0/8, with an overstabilized, modified S60 emulsion.
The microsurfacing was designed with the following specifics:
- Glass fibers at 0.1% compared to dry aggregates in both courses
- The work was done in the middle of the summer, when temperatures reached 40°C
- Aggregates from gravel pit were used
- Paraffinic bitumen was used
A few figures:
- Surface area: 265, 000 m²
- Average output: 8,000 m/day
- Loads: Batch
- Re-opened to traffic after 30 min